Opening of Lincoln Park Swimming Pool, July 27, 1925
This pool was dug out of dirt with a retaining wall of rocks along the sides.
It filled with salt water from Puget Sound.
A muddy bottom and control valves that did not always contain the water eventually required a pool made of concrete and tile.
The Laurence Colman Pool, dedicated on July 4, 1941, is also filled with salt water from the Sound.
Item 28728, Department of Streets and Sewers Photographs (Record Series 2625-10), Seattle Municipal Archives.